Take the family (2 adults and up to 3 kids) to the capital on this a 2 night getaway to Canberra. Stay 2 nights at Novotel Canberra in interconnecting rooms (one an accessible room available on request) and spend your days with the family visiting Cockington Green, Questacon and the Australian Institute of Sport .
The Australian capital is a destination packed with attractions and activities indoors and out, for kids of all ages and abilities.
Staying at the accessible and centrally located Novotel Canberra, you’ll be well positioned to explore the city and its many attractions. Included in this package is entry to three of Canberra’s most loved and accessible experiences:
- Cockington Green Gardens, where kids can explore some of the world’s most iconic sites at Cockington Green Gardens, albeit in miniature;
- Questacon, Canberra’s National Science and Technology Centre, for a fun-packed day with lots of things for families and kids to do; and the
- Australian Institute of Sport where you can tour the state of the art training centres,try wheelchair basketball, downhill skiing, rock climbing and much more.
And beyond these included activities, there is loads more on offer in Canberra. If you’re travelling in September be sure to check out Floriade, Australia’s biggest celebration of spring. And for those heading to the Capital over autumn, why not try to catch the Canberra Balloon Spectacular where more than thirty hot air balloons from across the globe are to take to the skies.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Canberra, ACT|
|WHEN TO GO||You can visit Canberra year-round, but the best time to go is spring and autumn when the weather is less extreme.|
|PRICE||From $840 per family (2 adults + up to 3 kids)|
If you’re wondering what makes Canberra so great for travellers with special needs check out Julie Jones from Have Wheelchair Will Travel‘s review.
|Travel period||Price valid for stays between 1 Nov 2018 – 31 March 2019. Stays outside this period available, but price may vary|
Accommodation at Novotel Canberra
Spend 2 nights in interconnecting queen rooms. Accessible rooms are available and there are 14 available in the hotel.
Novotel Canberra offers 4.5 star hotel accommodation in the heart of the city, centrally located close to Canberra’s retail, entertainment, business and restaurant districts. And it has a newly renovated indoor swimming pool along with 24 hour room service, a gym and a complimentary in-room yoga channel with yoga mats available.
- Newly renovated Indoor swimming pool
- Spa, sauna and gymnasium
- 24 hour reception
- 24 hour room service
- Self parking and valet parking available ($22.50 per day)
- Distance from city centre / entertainment & retail precinct 0.2 km
- Distance from airport 8km
- Distance to Parliament House 3km
- Distance to Questacon 3km
Accessible Family Fun passes include:
Your family (2 adults + up to 3 kids) pass lets you to visit the Australian Institute of Sport, Cockington Green Gardens and Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre.
Whether you want to size yourself up against some of Australia’s elite athletes at the Australian Institute of Sport, venture into the delightful miniature world of Cockington Green Gardens or try your hand at some of the 200 exhibits and experiences at Questacon, this pass provides serious fun for all ages
Added bonus: A free return visit to one of the attractions, within 12months of the date of purchase.
- Prices quoted are for 2 interconnecting rooms that can accommodate 2 adults and up to 3 children
- Prices valid for 1 October 2018 – 31 March 2019. For travel outsides these dates, call us for pricing on 1300 404 100
- Prices may vary based on the specific dates of travel. Call to confirm pricing for your specific travel dates
- There are 14 accessible superior rooms available. If these are required for your booking, make sure you advise our travel consultant at time of booking
- Accommodation excludes breakfast, which can be purchased from the hotel directly